Back to RGB VFB button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to RGB VFB button

Would be nice to have it back as in vray previous versions. When i work with lots of render passes it is annoying to scroll them up. Back to RGB is one click solution to speed work up. Also i was wondering..is it possible to make option to increase/decrease bucket size during rendering?

There was a request for this quite a few months back. +1 on this one.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Originally posted by Pixel_Domain View Post
      Would be nice to have it back as in vray previous versions. When i work with lots of render passes it is annoying to scroll them up. Back to RGB is one click solution to speed work up.
      While you wait, hitting the home key when inside the dropdown (you're scrolling channels, after all) will take you to the very top: RGB.
      Also i was wondering..is it possible to make option to increase/decrease bucket size during rendering?
      What would be the use for this?
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post

What would be the use for this?
        Well, it would be helpful for taking down network stress in many cases. Also - adaptive bucket splitting is currently few steps from perfection , because still before it starts splitting buckets, number of buckets to be rendered have to be equal to CPU threads number as i noticed. I think if we had something similar to ABS but without waiting for last buckets, it might be helpful. I think. In many cases scene is so complex and heavy to render, that setting buckets 512 or even larger at the beginning is pointless, because it takes ages to have the bucket ready. I tested it out. Would you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixel_Domain View Post
          Well, it would be helpful for taking down network stress in many cases.
          How so?
          Also - adaptive bucket splitting is currently few steps from perfection , because still before it starts splitting buckets, number of buckets to be rendered have to be equal to CPU threads number as i noticed.
          Adaptive bucket splitting doesn't work at all for network rendering, so i am not sure what it is you're referring to.

I think if we had something similar to ABS but without waiting for last buckets, it might be helpful. I think.
          On the contrary, lower bucket sizes earlier would only take longer by virtue of more borders to marry.
          In many cases scene is so complex and heavy to render, that setting buckets 512 or even larger at the beginning is pointless, because it takes ages to have the bucket ready. I tested it out. Would you agree?
          If the initial bucket size is big, and it takes a while to complete, any free threads will come to the aid of that bucket and split it.
          If you used big bucket sizes in network rendering, then sure, you are right, but that's because Adaptive Bucket Splitting isn't at play.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X