No announcement yet.

Exclude Vray Dome visibility from color clamping and/or vfb color correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude Vray Dome visibility from color clamping and/or vfb color correction

Hello.

I am trying to use a vray dome as a direct visibility/reflection element, that is a 360 panorama and is linked to a sky rotation. But colors start to shift a lot when doing basic color corrections on vfb or reducing burn ammount on color mapping.

Is there a way to exclude some elements from color correcting? Or something to think about?

Hi so you are using the dome light with hdri as a visible sky? You could use masks in the VFB. Please give us a bit more details about your workflow best with images/screengrabs.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
      Hi so you are using the dome light with hdri as a visible sky? You could use masks in the VFB. Please give us a bit more details about your workflow best with images/screengrabs.
      Hello

I started using cryptomatte to mask that. It was not my first option, but it works they way i´ve imagined.

The only issue is that refraction needs affect all channels switched on. But that´s fine for what i am using.

Comment

Working...
      X