Support for Animated Meshes in Chaos Scatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Animated Meshes in Chaos Scatter

The new Chaos Scatter in V-Ray 6 is fantastic. The first scattering system I've ever seen that can compete with iToo's Forest Pack, however there is one huge lacking feature. Animated meshes such as windy grass or trees do not work. They will obviously scatter the meshes but they are no longer animated. They stay static.

Hi I tested Chaos Scatter with an animated box (moving vertices) and it works (the box deforms on all scattered instances):
    http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...1_17-00-20.gif

Are you talking about something else or is this what you are looking for?
    Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 01-08-2022, 08:26 AM.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

It works in the viewport fine, but it doesn't render any animation. I have some Quixel Megascans grass models with wind applied in houdini, imported to max. I put them in the scatter and if I view them in the viewport they move, but I rendered a test sequence and they are completely static

Comment

Hi it does work with the simple box from the scene in my previous post (looking at the alpha since I don't have lights):

http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...2_18-35-58.gif

Comment

HI could you send us a simple scene that reproduces the issue? You can do that here or through our support contact form.

Comment

Hello Jesse, thanks for your using.

Vertex animation is fully superted. In vray/corona is normally workig.
            Animation by modificators are supported too. I thing there will be some problem with models imported from Houdiny. Can you share your animated grass model, please?

We have one limitation - we cannot randomization animation keys. If you have bend for one halm from 0 to 50 degrees, all scattered halms have bend from 0 to 50 degrees.
            Attached Files

Comment

I found the same issue with chaos scatter here. animated inside parameters *ok* but nothing on render (tried some motion blur things)

Comment

Originally posted by DLieber View Post
                I found the same issue with chaos scatter here. animated inside parameters *ok* but nothing on render (tried some motion blur things)
                please can you describe it little more? What kind of animation do you use?

Comment

Working...
                X