Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make an option for use LUT after display correction in VFB

Hi vray's guys.
    After using ACEScg workflow quite intensively recently, I've noticed the limited compatibility of the frame buffer tools. Is it possible to add an option to use LUT's after the OCIO view transform? Of course, the editing is done on smaller data but more predictable and controllable.

Hope my post will help

Thanks

AC

grading log (acescc) would be truly predictable and controllable:
    https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...lexible-in-vfb
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Comment

piotrus3333 Amazing, it just works flawless!!!! I can also create custom luts in davinci that match 1:1 thanks!

Comment

sure thing. my pleasure.
        version for Corona in one of the other videos.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

piotrus3333 am I too cheeky if I ask how do you made the lut from ACEScg to ACEScc for vray?

Comment

Lookup table layer in VFB applies Cineon Log curve to ACEScg and if I remember correctly the lut itself adjust white and black point to mach ACEScc. quite minor shift. I do most of my luts in Fusion/Resolve.
            Marcin Piotrowski
            youtube

Comment

Dear piotrus3333, inspired by your work I did some tests and create an ACEScg to ACEScct Log LUT.
              I also made a color checker passport color correction to make colors also more precise after ACEScct conversion.
              I'd like to share it with you and see what you think about it and maybe inspire new tests and contaminations.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks ok, probably enough for previewing in VFB.
                Consider using SyntheticChart from here: ​Using ACES Reference Images - ACESCentral​ to see clearly the whole range, especialy hot highlights.

this is how I do it in Fusion with ColorCurves tool and reference image:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-25 124444.jpg Views:	0 Size:	349.9 KB ID:	1166278
                sometimes you need to tweak the curve a bit but generally it's very decent.
                screengrab should be self-explanatory. if not - let me know.
                Last edited by piotrus3333; 25-11-2022, 05:56 AM.
                Marcin Piotrowski
                youtube

Comment

and lut saving:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	211
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1166280
                  Marcin Piotrowski
                  youtube

Comment