Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extruding with Alpha

Hi!
    Apparently at the moment it's not possible to do it.
    So, I was thinking that it could be nice to have the possibility to use the extrude/shell with alpha/opacity keeping the area extruded "closed".
    Maybe a sort of VRay Decal, but that also working for alpha or white/black images in the opacity. Maybe only for basic shapes...square (as checker), circle, star shapes...I don't know.

Please check the image attached, the blue areas in VFB window it's how it should be the result of what I mean.
    Not sure if this is possible, but if so it could be nice and useful.

Thank you!
    Nicola
    Attached Files

Well, it's not using opacity (no idea if that's even technically possible) but you can get a pretty simple result using dispacement mod on a plane and activating water level and tweaking for desired result.
    If you want to see the back also then you'd mirror it.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Yes, exactly, with DispMod it works well on a very simple plane. It's a good idea!
      In my case I have more complex object...always a planes but also inclined, in both directions. It's impossible, in my case, to have the mirror of the mesh for example...so this is why I thought that a tool like a sort of Decal or something similar it could be a good idea, if possible of course.
      Last edited by nicola_barbano; 23-02-2023, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X