Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you please add a button that allows for quick locking of the camera angle in the VFB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you please add a button that allows for quick locking of the camera angle in the VFB?

Could you please add a button that allows for quick locking of the camera angle in the VFB? The current locked camera feature in 3ds max is subpar and leaves much to be desired. It's frankly quite frustrating and in need of improvement.

My one is locked in the frame buffer and that's the default. Right-click "View Navigation" you can free it if you like - or leave it =)

Comment

Originally posted by caypiranha View Post
      My one is locked in the frame buffer and that's the default. Right-click "View Navigation" you can free it if you like - or leave it =)
      Are you referring to shift+click? However, it's not a true lock and doesn't apply to IPR.

Comment

Originally posted by lu_xing View Post
        Could you please add a button that allows for quick locking of the camera angle in the VFB? The current locked camera feature in 3ds max is subpar and leaves much to be desired. It's frankly quite frustrating and in need of improvement.
        Can you elaborate on what you don't like? And here is why I'm asking - having two independent locks (Render Setup and VFB) will be very confusing, so maybe we can add a shortcut in the VFB that actually triggers the option in the Render Setup.
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

When I shift Click in the Vray Frame Buffer, nothing happens at all. During IPR rendering, you can use navigation which has to be activated explicitly and this also is altering the camera on the corresponding viewport then. But this feature is disabled by default always.

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

Can you elaborate on what you don't like? And here is why I'm asking - having two independent locks (Render Setup and VFB) will be very confusing, so maybe we can add a shortcut in the VFB that actually triggers the option in the Render Setup.
            The logic for locking rendering in 3ds Max is really weird. Instead of locking the camera I want, it locks one of the viewports in the current quad layout (or another layout), no matter if it's a perspective view, front view, or camera view. If the camera in the locked viewport changes, for instance from CAM01 to a perspective view, then the locked rendering changes to the perspective view. In my work, I have to switch back and forth between viewports frequently, adjust lighting in the perspective view, and observe the rendering results with IPR. It's so easy to mix up the locked viewport and lose track of what's currently locked. All I want is to simply lock the camera view I need until I unlock it.

Comment

If you have the lock enabled and switch the camera from the VFB flyout menu, IPR will stick to the chosen camera no matter which viewport are you currently working in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	130
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1174046
              If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post
                If you have the lock enabled and switch the camera from the VFB flyout menu, IPR will stick to the chosen camera no matter which viewport are you currently working in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	130
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1174046
                What you're saying is definitely helpful, but it's limited to single viewport layouts. It doesn't work for four-viewport layouts. In my line of work, I have to constantly switch between top view, perspective view, adjust the model and lighting, then render, wait, load, and find out that the last-clicked viewport was the one that got rendered. This happens frequently, even though I've been using this software for 10 years. It would be great if I could lock the camera I want, so I don't have to worry about it changing no matter what adjustments I make.

Comment

Working...
                X