Camera Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Wishlist

I'd like to start off a camera wishlist concerining various camera types and settings. I could only think of one off the top of my head.

1) Chromatic Abberation - should be available but turned off by default. A context menu tooltip should explain this stating that this distortion is something usually found on cheap cameras/lenses.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

2) F-Stops for exposure control.
    3) Ability to save out varying F-Stops to one single HDR file (starting to be found in new high-end digital cameras.)
    4) Polarized lenses (possible?)

Comment

Well the new Physical Camera that they showed at Siggraph had many features. Chromatica Abberation was not included, and the be brutally honest, I really am glad. I think it is too gimicky. Why do I want Vray to look like I got a cheap camera.

Vray right now can save HDRI, EXR, and float TIFF images which basically saves a 32 bit floating point image so all the "f-stops." BTW that is a lot higher dynamic range than RAW format which basically only saves 3 f-stops.

Polarized lenses? Why? I would say... do that in comp.

Comment

Well the new Physical Camera that they showed at Siggraph had many features. Chromatica Abberation was not included, and the be brutally honest, I really am glad. I think it is too gimicky. Why do I want Vray to look like I got a cheap camera.
        i dunno, maybe if you want your render to look like a cheap camera? How can more options be a bad thing??

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I think it is too gimicky. Why do I want Vray to look like I got a cheap camera.
          For that reasoning, why not even bother using a camera at all? I understand that it's reducing the quality and making something look cheap - but in some instances the more options available the better control of your desired output.

Comment

how about real internal lensflares hehe. actually i wonder how long it would take to computer a scene like a lens setup focusing light onto a film surface. i guess it would need alot of caustics huh

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

da elf, think maxwell.
              Dmitry Vinnik
              Silhouette Images Inc.
              ShowReel:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
              https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

I think people underestimate what can be done as a post process. 3D people should learn more compositing.

Comment

Chris, since you have so much experience in this field, could you show some examples?
                  You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                    I think people underestimate what can be done as a post process. 3D people should learn more compositing.
                    I assure I dont underestimate compositing. But I see your point. Im frequently surprised by the lack of it in alot of images.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                    X