Improving the List of Renderelements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving the List of Renderelements

I am always losing some seconds sometimes to find one or these elements. Usually, when I am looking quick for something in Fileexplorers or so, I hit the first letter and it at least jumps near of what I am looking for.
    well, we have the mighty "V" and yes - we all guess it - all are starting with "Vray...." I even don't know, it this prefix is even important in the production process. Or it could be set at the end of render elements.
    What do you think about it? At least, the list of elements will increase anyway.

Also a more overviewable list like separation lines of elements with that makes sense being "grouped" ( Raw etc.) / Compositing elements / Tool Elements etc.

It would be also nice to save Presets of frequently used elements for individual workflows.

all in all: gaining UX =)

Those are the auto-generated names, that you can change manually (with a save/merge of the relevant REs for later reuse.), or via scripting.
    They are that way by default because other engines prefix their render elements with their name, and this is unlikely to change in the foreseaable future.

However, i'd vote for the grouping to be more readable, I prefer Corona's approach to this than V-Ray's.
    This said, changing pipeline-sensitive defaults with twentyfive years of heritage, when there are viable alternatives, looks unwise.
    Last edited by ^Lele^; 09-03-2023, 05:29 AM.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

There are a lot of plugins you can use that automate these kind of things and more. The one that I use is Pulze Scene Manager and it's a life saver. There are others like RPManager, Reindeer, ... and I tried them all but SM is the best for my case. Saves me literally weeks.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
        There are a lot of plugins you can use that automate these kind of things and more. The one that I use is Pulze Scene Manager and it's a life saver. There are others like RPManager, Reindeer, ... and I tried them all but SM is the best for my case. Saves me literally weeks.
        You also recommended Pulze Render Manager, and we tried it. So far it works like a charm!
        https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Working...
        X