Corona to vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona to vray

Sometimes I have to download only Corona models from 3D sky. Since now it's the same company, isn't it a bit weird there is no conversion? I mean I know I can convert it if I get free version of Corona but why is that necessary? I think last time I tried it I had some issues with the activation of Corona of whatever...so it's a whole thing haha
    www.hrvojedesign.com

The need to install corona renderer is something that I need to keep remind my students of very often.
    I don't think it is easy to fix tho, adding additional Dll from Corona to vray installer could make things messy quickly when you already have corona installed and you jump from one verson to another.
    ​​​But of course VRay developers could have smart way to do it to please everyone, so I will keep it to them : ))
    Just a small tip, you don't need an active Corona Render license, or a trial license in order for VRay to recognize and convert its materials, so just installing the renderer is enough.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
    Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

The installation is necessary so that the classes of materials and nodes you want converted actually exist, and load with the scene to convert.
      It's a dictionary, after all: without the source text, what is there to translate?
      As mentioned, no license is needed: the scene built with Corona will stay built with Corona wheter the user has a license to render it or not.

Having two separate products is already optimal for distribution, and doesn't bug everyone else that won't need both and would rather not pay the loading price.
      The Corona installer, further, can be extremely lightweight.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
      X