Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone mapping by Vray Camera

Hi,

Now with the "override camera resolution and aspect ratio" feature implemented, it would be a good idea to add a Tone mapping by camera added.

Scenes with more than one camera requires different tone mapping approaches and it would be good to keep work consistent.

Tks!

Hi brunonz. Have you tried to save and load .vfbl files? You could also save them into a specific folder related to your project which could be pointed to the "Layer presets" button in VFB for easy access (You will need to set the destination folder in VFB settings). If you use EXR or VRimg (exported through "V-Ray raw image file") you could load your rendered images directly in VFB and add your Color corrections there as a saved preset. This method is really flexible because you don't need to re-render the image just to change a Filmic tonemap or a Color balance layer. Furthermore, if you export VRimg, or EXR by using "V-Ray raw image file"(from the V-Ray Render settings menu) with already placed Color Correction layers in VFB, these layers are going to be saved into the file. Later you could open the file in VFB and the stack with layers is going to be there. VRimg allows you to save the secondary changes from the VFB, while EXR could save Color Correction layers only when exporting with "V-Ray raw image file" from the V-Ray Render settings menu.

For more information: click here.

Comment

Originally posted by dimitar_panayotov View Post
      Hi brunonz. Have you tried to save and load .vfbl files? You could also save them into a specific folder related to your project which could be pointed to the "Layer presets" button in VFB for easy access (You will need to set the destination folder in VFB settings). If you use EXR or VRimg (exported through "V-Ray raw image file") you could load your rendered images directly in VFB and add your Color corrections there as a saved preset. This method is really flexible because you don't need to re-render the image just to change a Filmic tonemap or a Color balance layer. Furthermore, if you export VRimg, or EXR by using "V-Ray raw image file"(from the V-Ray Render settings menu) with already placed Color Correction layers in VFB, these layers are going to be saved into the file. Later you could open the file in VFB and the stack with layers is going to be there. VRimg allows you to save the secondary changes from the VFB, while EXR could save Color Correction layers only when exporting with "V-Ray raw image file" from the V-Ray Render settings menu.

For more information: click here.
      Tks for you reply, this could work for me on this. Actually didnĀ“t know that actually exist. But why not just link to a camera? Imagine i have 3 cameras on scene and need to share to 3 different artist at my studio? I would need to get in touch and explain the process, and i imagine people forgetting to switch layer presets all the time. Linking to a camera it would avoid errors.

I am using pulze scene manager that handles those VFB settings very well, but only can do it on personal projects. I wish that could be a native feature since my company don t want to invest in 50 licenses of a third party plugin.
      Last edited by brunonz; 27-03-2023, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Hi brunonz. We will take your idea into consideration. Thank you for sharing it.

Comment

Working...
        X