Control GI Contribution per Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control GI Contribution per Light

It would be super helpful to control the GI contribution on a per-light basis. I use a similar setting in unreal engine and find it helpful for creative freedom. We already have "affect diffuse," "affect specular," and "affect atmospheric" available as multipliers.

Currently, If I want to boost the GI, I have to switch to the composite tab in the VFB to boost the overall Vray Global Illumination render element. Not ideal if there are only certain lights I want to boost this with.

I would love this to be implemented in the vray light settings or as a parameter in the Light Mixer.

It's unlikely we will implement it as you request it (word from the devs.).
    You can do this already, if somewhat circuitously, via the light select RE.
    You can render an indirect pass for any light, and subtract it from the RGB render.

Given we bounce light one hundred times as a default, multipliers that push GI contribution above 1.0 can have devastating results to scene look and convergence (unlike for engines that bounce light once or twice only, and need the kick-up to show stuff otherwise left in the dark.).
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
    X