Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orthographic view in viewport!

Hi

We make a lot of Orthographic views and even if I know the Vray Camera is a "real" camera, could it be possible to "fake" in a orthographic view in Viewport? Yes, I do know that i can set Camera to Orthographic and render it out like this and yes I do know that I can use the IPR and get a realtime view of my scene in orthographic view too (and even put in a Max cam), but when scenes are big, I m using Vray as the render and customer wants to get a quick view of a project or a structure in flat ISO view I wish I could easily show how it looks in the viewport before rendering! Will this be something that may come in the future?

Br

What about a standard 3ds Max free or target Camera in orthographic mode?
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Yes I know I can use standard 3DSMax camera, but it doesn't work good for render of the Vray scene. As such I can place the two cameras the same place and switch back and fort. I also just render out a quick preview so in daily work life it is not a super big problem, but when I sit with a customer and working with orthographic views it would be much smoother to use VrayCam (that will be the main render cam) and se it in the viewport at the same time. It is all about the work experience and not so much about there is no way to work around it!
      I know Vray cam doesn't have this option because they are suppose to be real cameras, but we do in fact making illusions, so why not put in an option in camera options for show orthographic view in viewport too! Thanks for following it up Vizioen

Comment

What is not working well with the standard camera?

I also would like an ortho mode in the V-Ray cam as I tend to have a use for it as well but for now the standard cam does what it needs to do for me. Another trick is to use a very small FOV or large focal length but that would mean putting your camera extremely far off.
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Maybe I have misunderstood, but if I change to a standard Max cam then I loose the control I have over lot of the things that is the basic for my camera functions and in my Vray scene, exposure and so on. I have never manage to make a scene look the same directly from a Vray cam and a Standard cam.
          When I make a scene I make orthographic views and normal camera views from the same scene and even if I can use standard camera it is still nice to be able to set up a scene and then just take out ISO views during the process. As I said it is not a "have to have essential", but a nice to have thing that will make my work flow easier.

Comment

Originally posted by fredrik_stre View Post
            Maybe I have misunderstood, but if I change to a standard Max cam then I loose the control I have over lot of the things that is the basic for my camera functions and in my Vray scene, exposure and so on. I have never manage to make a scene look the same directly from a Vray cam and a Standard cam.
            When I make a scene I make orthographic views and normal camera views from the same scene and even if I can use standard camera it is still nice to be able to set up a scene and then just take out ISO views during the process. As I said it is not a "have to have essential", but a nice to have thing that will make my work flow easier.
            Actually that's not true. After you add in a standard camera you have to go to the environment settings and add a Vray Exposure Control. Once you do this you can match the settings of your vray cam and it will render the same.
            pixel bender @ panoptikon

Comment

In fact i didnt knew that. Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X