Autoexposure metada to exr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autoexposure metada to exr

Hello, It would be great to have information about autoexposure (like ISO, I guess) in the metadata of .exr files, because sometimes I need to adjust the exposure in post-production. In terms of autoexposure, it's better to pull data from metadata, for example, as a multiplier in Nuke. This could be useful when I have rendered an animation, and then I re-rendered only a region or sphere fade, which will obviously have different exposure than the original render. To correct it, I would like to use metadata. Or another example: currently, I have an animation with slight flickering due to autoexposure, and to correct it, I would like to use metadata, which I don't currently have.

You can already do that through VRayOptionsRE and MaxScript. Check the docs here. The provided example is for animation, however, it works for single frames, too. Just run the function.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I'm writing a script to automate this. What other camera (or any) metadata do you think might be useful?

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
        I'm writing a script to automate this. What other camera (or any) metadata do you think might be useful?
        Thanks! I think whitebalance also will be useful. and maybe Vertical correction and shift

Comment

Here you go. Ping if you notice something that's off.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X