Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Ies Light intenisty

hi

it would be cool if we make an option for ies light profile independant from its intensity settings
    because each time we load an ies profile we have to readjust its power and this can become boring

also it would be cool to move the ies light altogether to the popup dialog of normal vray lights like for example ( disk, rectangle, sphere, dome, ies )

Hi, When you load an IES profile, it comes with an intensity that is loaded from the file. This data should be provided by the manufacturer.

Comment

Yeah, Thats why i ask for the option to unlink profile and intensity

Not to completely ignore provided intensity from manufacturer

Comment

Why would you like to detach the intensity? If we do so, the intensity related to the previously loaded file is going to be applied to the new one. That doesn't mean that the new one is going to look perfect due to the nature of the old light in combination with its intensity. This could produce inaccurate results and a further adjustment could be needed anyway.

Comment

I already told why it would help to unlink them
          and regarding different intensities, can't we use lumens ?

Comment

Originally posted by Arch.Hany View Post
            hi

it would be cool if we make an option for ies light profile independant from its intensity settings
            because each time we load an ies profile we have to readjust its power and this can become boring
            Sure we can add an option to preserve whatever intensity value had been previously set, but then why aren't you changing the IES profile itself in the first place?

also it would be cool to move the ies light altogether to the popup dialog of normal vray lights like for example ( disk, rectangle, sphere, dome, ies )
            There is no sharing of enough properties between the IES loader and the standard lights to justify the UI grouping.
            Granted, of late the shared options have grown with the custom decay, but the specific light type still requires many more basic controls than the normal ones do, while not allowing some the others use.
            Last edited by ^Lele^; 19-07-2023, 04:36 AM.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

changing the intensity of the ies profiles embedded intensity is not efficient because there are too many files ,i don't even know how and it will not work in all scenes with different lighting conditions
              so what i suggest a global lumen based setting to convert whatever imported intensity to, would help consistency and will help focus more on the shape of the ies profile without having to worry about adjusting the intensity of every imported ies and doing multiple tests

maybe we can move all ies settings alltogether to a ui group of its own that wont activate until we choose ies from the popup menu in the vray light settings which contains only special ies settings like choosing profile etc
              while implementing compatibility of regular vray light settings to replace ies same settings for consistancy like for example ( intensity instead of power, affect specular /atmosphere / diffuse, maybe even decay which will be cool )

Comment

Working...
              X