Directionality for Specular Component of VRayLights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directionality for Specular Component of VRayLights

Would love to see an independent directionality control for only the speculars (reflections) for VRayLights. Why? Because fireflies are typically caused by high directionality lights (or suns, which are totally directional). The ability to control this independently would obviate the need to duplicate all the lights and control it that way, which is a big pain.

Of course we would really like to see fireflies just not be there to begin with.I'd say they are the number one biggest issue with Vray right now. They absolutely kill render times due to the sampling levels required.

as a work around, you could have two lights, one for diffuse, and the other for spec/reflect and control them separately.
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
      as a work around, you could have two lights, one for diffuse, and the other for spec/reflect and control them separately.
      That was what I meant by "The ability to control this independently would obviate the need to duplicate all the lights and control it that way, which is a big pain."

But yes, that does work. Sorry if I didn't make that clear to others looking for a solution. It's just a pain, and prone to error by missing a setting on one of the lights, especially with many lights..

Comment

We keep running into situations where this would be very handy.

Of course the real solution is to fix the firefly problem, but a separate directionality control for specular/reflections would go a long way here, as this is the only reliable method to get rid of fireflies at the moment. (The ones that min sampling can’t fix, which are the problematic ones. )
        Last edited by Joelaff; 28-11-2023, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X