enscape vrscene importer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enscape vrscene importer

importing vrscene in 3ds max and being able to edit them in max is amazing feature.
    unfortunately usually it imports 10000 objects.every block instance from rhino for instance is imported as separate object.
    Can you add in the dialog box the possibility to import different materials as single (merged) objects, or layers as single (merged) objects.
    Thnaks

Hi, thanks for posting. Thanks for sharing your experience with the enscape vrscene importer. We will discuss the issue and get back to the thread.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I would like to add few more things to this request.

Firstly if you can make it so that you dont need to open enscape to click the button of exporting scene as vrscene. This takes additional time for enscape to open, which should not be necessary.
      I know that there is already the vray command export vrscene but it is not working as good as the enscape button. Very often it does not translate materials, textures or is missing enscape assets...

Secondly I would like to ask the following: In enscape when you click the button to export vrscene it asks you which view you want to export. Would it be possible that you just export the enscape scene with all views as different cameras (similar to how vantage works with 3ds max)

Thirdly I would like to explain further how important is the option to be able to get single welded objects named as layers instead of thousand objects.
      In general this feature that connects rhino to 3ds max, (meaning connecting the work of architectural teams with the work of visulization artists) is super crucial in the archviz workflow.
      It is a laborious task that all big offices face, and it would be huge time saver if you can solve it.
      Right now we have developped in house scripts to export from rhino to max, but is much more time consuming than the enscape one click button. The geometry and materials work amazing right now with your script , but still the problem is how many objects are created and we have to manually merge in 3ds max.

Thank you very much in advance for your consideration

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions. As we presented this bridge, not that long ago, we are aware that it could be improved. But still, it gives a lot of opportunities to the 3d artists. That's why next to the name we've added (Beta). Your feedback is important because it will guide us towards what is more important for the users.

About multiple cameras in one file. In Enscape you could add specific conditions for each camera. Whether some lights are on or off, sun orientation, and more. If we import all these cameras at once, which one should be the one carrying these adjustments?

Dimitar

Comment

Working...
        X