VRayDenoiser with element generation options for all engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayDenoiser with element generation options for all engines

With the default VRayDenoiser element (V-RayDenoiser engine), Intel's Open Image Denoiser cannot be applied with the standalone Denoiser tool to a saved .vrimg.
    (albedo and bumpNormals required for OIDNs are not generated).

NVDIA AI Denoiser can be applied.

The following error in standalone Denoiser:

Reading file "D:\vvv.0000.vrimg"
    File read successfully.
    OpenImageDenoise took 253 milliseconds in total
    error: [VUtils::OIDNDenoiser::denoise] 2: buffer region out of range
    Denoising is aborted!

VRayDenoiser element settings with All Denoiser Engine element generation option.​

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
    oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

I don't see the point here. So you want an option to generate all possible elements so you can choose the denoiser type later?

This will make the files unnecessary bigger given that people usually know what kind of denoiser they will use after that.
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Im having the same error from Maya renders. I have an 18 frame 360 camera move around a car. Frame 1-18 rendered an exr...but only frames 3-18 saved down an effectsResult pass which is what Im using. To make frames 1-2 match 3-18, I tried using the denoise tools, but I got the same error as above using Intel denoise option with default settings.
      Website
      https://mangobeard.com/
      Behance
      https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

It is a user's psychology to want to switch and test multiple denoisers after rendering.
        If V-Ray can output elements for all denoise engines, a denoiser engine switching pull-down can be placed in the VFB UI.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
        oakcorp.net
        v-ray.jp

Comment

How about adding multiple denoiser REs for this? F.e. you want to try V-Ray and Intel denoisers - you add one VRayDenoiser per engine type set to "Only generate render elements"?
          If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X