Chaos Scatter Animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Scatter Animation

As an otherwise happy Chaos Scatter user, I am baffled that animation hasn't been priorities yet.

Please add randomize animation amount in start time and duration, maybe even add sequenced animation with adjustable overlap, based on instance id's. Could be useful for motion graphics when scattering in grids etc.

Control animation with map similar to other transforms.
    If I would like to create a billowing corn field, then I would animat one straw bending from frame 0-30. Next I animate the offset/phase of a huge noise map, which would drive the animation from frame 0 (black) to frame 30 (white).​

Hi, thanks for posting. We will discuss your idea and get back to the thread.
    Forest Pack has similar features in it's animation rollout. Is this what you are looking for?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir
      Yes, something similar to what Forest Pack can do would be very nice.

The most important current lack in CS, is the ability to fake wind in trees and corn/grass fields based on a large noise maps or WorldSpace noise.
      The most simple fix would be I animate my assets from frame 0 - No wind, to like frame 100 most extreme wind bend.
      Then the animation is driven by the noise as to how far the assets gets to its most extreme wind bend.
      If controlled by map, then black is frame 0 and full white is frame 100.
      Then I would be able to control the wind strength by adjusting the levels of the noise map with a curve/output map. and Combine all sorts of the noise mpas to get random and natural behavior.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the details CLF73. We have this feature request logged in our system. I will update the report with your thread.
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X