Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOF ressult preview?

Hi,
    Sometimes its rally hard to me to see how DOF its working.
    Could it be possible to have a channel or a way to preview how DOF its being applied to my camera?
    Similar to how Z-Deph works
    Carlos Rodriguez
    RTstudio
    Tutorials

Start interactive rendering. Unless, for some reason, you can't
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Thats what I do, also I change to Real zoom and even in 4k resolution region to see whats going on, but again, its difficult to see in many cases
      Carlos Rodriguez
      RTstudio
      Tutorials

Comment

I am so used to using a real camera I know what it'll look like. If I use it, I usually use something like 1.4, so it is evident on screen.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Normally I do use 1 but in the latest project i had to use 0.5 in order to see something
          Carlos Rodriguez
          RTstudio
          Tutorials

Comment

Check this post, which discovered a reliable method and an explanation https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...eep-not-blurry
            https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
              Check this post, which discovered a reliable method and an explanation https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...eep-not-blurry
              Well we never really got a clear answer, it's almost as if we adapted this technology from an alien race and we have no clue what we're doing with it.
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Yes you're right. I thought initially that it had been resolved but apparently not.

Maybe it's that in general the majority of users just don't care, as long as it's 'sort of' ok or they can hack it to be plausible enough, so devs don't bother to address it - or it's just too hard to fix.
                https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Hi,

Could it be possible to have a channel or a way to preview how DOF its being applied to my camera?
                  The camera DOF needs sampling to work. Any preview will take up some time. You can use very low settings for the image sampler, disable GI, apply clay material as a material override and use very low resolution and this will gain fast render times for preview.

Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
                  Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
                    Hi,

The camera DOF needs sampling to work. Any preview will take up some time. You can use very low settings for the image sampler, disable GI, apply clay material as a material override and use very low resolution and this will gain fast render times for preview.

Thanks Vladimir, Ill try that, sincerly, many times I can see DOF clearly without lowering to much the f #, but in some rare cases Its pretty difficult to see from some textures, Like you said maibe clay would help
                    Carlos Rodriguez
                    RTstudio
                    Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckRT View Post
                      Hi,
                      Sometimes its rally hard to me to see how DOF its working.
                      Similar to how Z-Deph works
                      You can get a CoC render element when using the V-Ray denoiser (if you do not need denoising, use the Re in "element-generation only"mode.).
                      However, that RE isn't creatable manually (UI or scripting).
                      Lele
                      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                      ----------------------
                      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                      X