Export to Vraymesh (create proxies) save .mat option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export to Vraymesh (create proxies) save .mat option

Hi, Is there a way to put its materials to a created proxy without saving the .mat?
    This is my case, usually I dont use proxys, but when I do, if my scene crash (for other reasons) and if I dont save it, I need to recreate the proxy because I dont have a way to put again the material to the exported file.
    It could be helpful to have this option in the Script or to have a way that proxys save its materials.
    Also, I always need to activate "automatically create proxies" and "create multi/sub-object Mtl" is there a way to save this as a preset, I cannot do it in Max 2024
    Last edited by ChuckRT; 25-04-2024, 08:06 AM.
    Carlos Rodriguez
    RTstudio
    Tutorials

More portability would indeed be good, but i am left wondering if it shouldn't then copy and repath all used maps as well.
    What you can do right now, instead, is to save out individual max files along with the proxy (referenced and with a material in the Max scene), and if you wanted a pack of sorts, archive the max file so that it dragged all textures along with it.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thanks lele, For me, saving the .mat would be enough, I dont need to repath anything because this is only for precautions

What you can do right now, instead, is to save out individual max files along with the proxy (referenced and with a material in the Max scene), and if you wanted a pack of sorts, archive the max file so that it dragged all textures along with it.
      Well I think that this consumes alot of time, I mean, yeah its a solution, but most of the time we dont have the time to prepare all of that just to save the material, its a very time consuming process, maibe I could find a script that saves the .mat of selected objects even if they are proxies, that would be cool too
      Carlos Rodriguez
      RTstudio
      Tutorials

Comment

Oh yeahhh it was under my nose but finally I found the perfect script that Vray needs
        In the Track collection theres 3 useful scripts for proxies, this one gaves the oportunity to save materials and it has the "automatically create proxies" option by default, also generates a render preview,

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	28
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1208154
        Carlos Rodriguez
        RTstudio
        Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckRT View Post
          Thanks lele, For me, saving the .mat would be enough, I dont need to repath anything because this is only for precautions

Well I think that this consumes alot of time, I mean, yeah its a solution, but most of the time we dont have the time to prepare all of that just to save the material, its a very time consuming process, maibe I could find a script that saves the .mat of selected objects even if they are proxies, that would be cool too
          Create the proxy in max, then File -> save selected.
          Scripting is also a very good option, of course.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X