remove 'multiframe incremental' button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove 'multiframe incremental' button

you can always clear the IR map cache with a single buttonclick.
    so why have this extra mode thats always confusing people?

from another thread:

'multiframe incremental' and 'incremental add to current map' are the same apart from 'multiframe incremental' clears the memory of any cached irradience map first. Whereas, 'incremental add to current map' doesn't clear the memory it simply adds to the current map in memory.
    Reflect, repent and reboot.
    Order shall return.

I second that!
    =:-/
    Laurent

Comment

i'd prefer they kept multiframe incremental if they were going to do away with one of them.

Comment

I agree with you Nik, I think it would be a bad idea. I think people would get just as confused about hitting the delete button before starting an incremental add, which would be a critical step. An alternative would be that when they select incremetal add, it asks if they want to clear the cache first. Like a pop-up... but I don't think Max can do that.

Comment

multiframe incremental doesnt delete all of the imap only some. basically with all the incremental versions it will place new samples where needed and not have to calculate what was calculated before. however incremental add will add the new samples without deleting the samples that have been previously calculated but are now off screen. but multiframe incremental will delete whats no longer needed, calculate new samples and leave whats already been calculated but is still in the shot alone.

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

So we are leaving both of them for now

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I don't see the point in getting rid of either. They both do different tasks and as such are both needed.
              rpc212
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

thats what i was pointing out
                for instance if your testing a fly through anim just to see different frames, multiframe incremental would good since unneeded samples are discarded when rendering but its not going to recauculate pre-calculated samples from the frames before. this way you save on memory

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

if vlado comes up with new super fast qmc algorythm, we can delete the whole irmap section :P
                  Dmitry Vinnik
                  Silhouette Images Inc.
                  ShowReel:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                  https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
                  X