Vray Error Reporting (or not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Error Reporting (or not)

after talking to they guys at Respower i hope i have just escaped a potentially costly problem. i sent a path off to the render farm and due to certain circumstances the irradience maps failed to load. vray carried on rendering anyway, as it does, and i chalked up a $US400 bill before i found something wrong.

i don't know if there already is a way to halt vray when encountering this sort of problem but if there isn't could chaos implement one?

Phew that sounds nasty. I was thinking of using Respower myself, good that they are reasonable. Is there no way to check frames as they output and cancel/pause a job before too many frames are done?

Comment

With respower cant you view the frames pretty quick ? .... so you can avoid this?
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

because they have so many blades/nodes they practically all get done at once. so when the first couple are done the remainder are only minutes away (which, when it's working is fantastic!).

i had tested a frame before sending all 700 off which was successful; after my experience i will now test say 50 frames instead of just one.

Comment

Working...
        X