Highlights, Self Illu., UVW , Exit Color, Local Gi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlights, Self Illu., UVW , Exit Color, Local Gi

Would it be possible to unlink the faked highlights from reflections ?
    When I need faked Highlights I still need to use Standard Materials
    cause for 90% of my highlighted materials I don´t want reflections.

It would be great if Vray could output UVW Coordinates to RPF files.

When I work with a photometric sun I´d need to increase the output
    of the Reflection/Refraction exit color. A multiplier would be great !

Still looking forward for a Selfillumination Slot and local GI Controls !
    Any news regarding these features ?

cheers

if you uncheck trace reflections in your material rollout, you can have spec highlight without reflection.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Thank You ! That works well !

Comment

i still dont see the need for a self iluminaten slot when a blend material with a vraylight material works quite well

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

because using a blend is a workaround. how do you know a proper inclusion of a self-illum wouldn't be alot faster then the blend?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

true.

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

For self illuminated materials i generally use a textured VraylightMtl, blended with an opacity mapped vrayMtl, weighted through the texture i intend to use, encapsulated in the Wrapper (so to exclude from GI, in the case).

that's *extremely* quick to render (almost as an empty bucket, to be precise), could it be made a lot faster, you think?

Comment

i think he means setup time

Comment

a workaoround is to switch to scanline and render out the rpf there.
                  if you use only vraymats the frame buffer will remain black, but the all the passes are there.
                  except the matid, cause scanline can't read the vray mats.
                  in combustion u can use the scanline rpf as input for texture map, gbuffer builder etc.

-oconv

Comment

Originally posted by oconv
                    if you use only vraymats the frame buffer will remain black, but the all the passes are there.
                    in combustion u can use the scanline rpf as input for texture map, gbuffer builder etc.

-oconv
                    Wow, great tip! Thanks!
                    Chris
                    The Revitlution

Comment

Originally posted by oconv

-oconv
                      Big issue with that is that motion blur and AA will not match up.

Comment

Re: Highlights, Self Illu., UVW , Exit Color, Local Gi

Originally posted by samuel_bubat
                        When I work with a photometric sun I´d need to increase the output
                        of the Reflection/Refraction exit color. A multiplier would be great !
                        Did you try putting an "output" map in the color slot, and raise above 1.0 the map's RGB levels(or output amount, for that matter)?

That works for me...

Lele

Comment

bottom line is self illum is an essential option and we need it. Period.
                          However, perhaps when 1.5 comes out chaos guys could write special shader extensions like in bz or mr.
                          Dmitry Vinnik
                          Silhouette Images Inc.
                          ShowReel:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                          https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
                          X