Vray Scene settings export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Scene settings export

A simple idea but one that I think would be very handy !!

Basically there would be a Quad Menu or render panel button that would export all the Vray settings (lights, materials, render settings.. everything Vray related. plus some essential max info, and maybe even recent error info) into a nice neat txt file or excel document or something similar.
    So it would be easy to understand and nicely laid out.
    This would be handy for helping people solve their render problems and keep with files as benchmark info or settings for certain files.

Also, as a possibility when the file is about to be exported out it can do all the pre render checks that normally show up things like incorrect UVW co-ordinates, HDRI file not loaded, and other such errors that are show in the log before the rendering starts. This would be VERY helpful for problem solving.

As I often like to test things out and have lots of renders saved but only one max file I could have a copy of this Settings Export with each render so I know what settings produced what image.

The main advantage I see is being able to help solve peoples problems.. instead of having to ask for them to supply info/settings and not getting enough or the wrong stuff. they just give the exported file Which has all the info that is needed.

Anyone I would love this to be implemented, as I feel that it would be very help and beneficial for many reason, plus it would be a piece of cake to implement... maybe into the next release... hehehe

You got my vote. :P
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

soooooooooweeeeeeeeeet

Comment

ditto juju

Comment

yeah i agree .. that would be very handy to have !
          Natty
          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

It should be scriptable also - I'll take a look at it in the next wee while.

Comment

Cool thanks

Comment

Okay this should work - I'll probably release a really stupid version of one first that spits out a load of duplicate information purely because it's the quickest version to do and add in a bit more intelligence later. Do you see just a list of the materials or a bracket containing a load of objects that use the same material and then the material settings they use? Again to what depth should it go? If it's a bitmap texture fair enough you need coordinates and map file info but if it's a hugely nested material should we go down to that level seeing as a lot of procedural settings are dependant on uv coordinates?

The second part with the error checking should be fine as well - if someone has a good list of all of the problems that normally appear that'd help me out a lot as I can just chase down the functions needed rather than wasting time making a list from the forum. So far it looks to me like a big dumb loop through a lot of properties which will take a rather alrge amount of typing so maybe you could put in a priority list of settings that you'd like first? I'd imagine things like light values and colour mapping are at the top with the recent run of conversation so we'd go for the more creative controls rather than stuff like the system settings or anti aliasing.

Comment

I think this is something that should be integrated with Vray and not scripted separately - just a personal opinion to have it officially implemented. The Chaos team would know what settings are most beneficial to people. UVW coordinates are somewhat unrelated to Vray settings - but the material settings (subs, reflect, refract, fog) are.

The important info would be a list (perhaps with name in brackets) of the actual render settings followed by the lights and light settings in the scene. Materials can get out of hand ('ve got over 750 in one of my scenes), so I think that should be an 'option' to export.
                  LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                  HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                  Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Yeah you would definitly need an option as to what is exported.

Let me whip up alist tomorrow... kinda late here at the moment.
                    Basically i think if its going to be done it needs to be done entirely. As there isnt much point leaving out certain parts as that is where the problem could lie... hence my request to chaos as it would probabaly be alot easier for them (maybe)

But will have a think about it over night and report back in the morn

Comment

I agree. (http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=11517)

I like the addition of some basic scene info too.
                      sigpic
                      J. Scott Smith Visual Designs

FB Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/jssvisualdesigns
                      http://www.linkedin.com/in/jscottsmith
                      https://jscottsmith.com/

Comment

ah cool... well basically im aming for an easier to read and more complete version of that. with more handy info as well... not just vray settings

Comment

Working...
                        X