Vray light lister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray light lister

We have the light lister tool for standard lights, which makes it easy to control off/on very easily. It would be great if we could get a little script for Vray lights that will do the same thing.
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

I think there was an extended version of the standard lister that works with V-Ray lights, maybe you can find it somewhere.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ht=lightlister

Forumsearch is your best friend sometimes :P

Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by instinct
        http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4983&highlight=lightlister

Forumsearch is your best friend sometimes :P

Thorsten
        No, the people that do the forum search for me are my best friends!
        Thanks so much, it's like a dream come true...I think I'm going to cry!
        Tim Nelson
        timnelson3d.com

Comment

Never thought about it before but now that I have it, it seems like a huge timesaver. My thanks to Plastic.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Yeah, man I was thinking about this the other day. Way to go plastic, the force is strong in you!

Awesome script!
            rpc212
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Is there anybody who would know how to take it a step further and add a "subdivisions" option to the vray light lister? If there is not currently enough room, I would gladly sacrifice the "smooth surface shadows" checkbox to make room for it.
              Tim Nelson
              timnelson3d.com

Comment

Originally posted by rpc212
                the force is strong in you!
                Did somebody call?? ... oh right sorry... miss-read..

Yeah its a great script.. really handy!!

Comment

Originally posted by timmatron
                  Is there anybody who would know how to take it a step further and add a "subdivisions" option to the vray light lister? If there is not currently enough room, I would gladly sacrifice the "smooth surface shadows" checkbox to make room for it.
                  I tired adding the subdivs parameter to it: reorganised the space so that it would fit, and added the spinner control and handler.
                  While i get no errors in the script compile, my dialog doesn't pop up at all...

plastic_, should i change something else, besides adding the control and event handler?

I checked my bit of code a few times, and it stills seems right to me.
                  I looked at what you did to change the original script, and it doesn't seem i would need to do anything else besides what i did...

What am i missing here?

EDIT: quite a few things...
                  I guess it's beyond my capabilities...
                  Checkboxes do work as expected, spinners are dealt with in a very different manner, declared and recursed throughout the script.
                  Sorry if i lifted someone's hopes...
                  Lele

Comment

DaForce - ROFL! That is funnnnnyyyy!

I can hear the teacher yelling, "Stop it boys, stop it!" in some pent up tone as we laugh about the inside joke! God, those days of, "We're here to learn, not to have fun." really sucked. Talk about taking the wind out of a good time!
                    rpc212
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

LOL yeah.... i had my far share of those mements... as you can imagine

"Young man, what do you think your doing" *insert humours comment to make rest of room laugh* "Oh i think we have had enough of your shenanigans for one day, OUTSIDE"

heeheheh

Comment

FYI:

New version of Lightlister with support for VRay Sun:
                        http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...c.php?p=138561

Comment

Working...
                        X