Vray light cut-off range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray light cut-off range

I love Vray lights, but when doing large scenes it becomes very important to include/exclude only the objects you need when using Vray lights, which is definitely worth the rendering time saved. It would be great though, if you could just specify a distance limit at which Vray lights no longer have an effect. It could be 5 feet, or 500. Just a simple check box, and then a number parameter next to it.
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

You're basically saying you want a falloff for vray lights? I think this could lead to very innacurate bounces in a horizontal direction and introduce more errors. I could be wrong, but I think Vray already attempts to intelligently adapt primary and secondary bounces.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
      You're basically saying you want a falloff for vray lights?
      No, Vray lights already have falloff. However, it is basically infinite. I just want an option to limit the falloff range.
      Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

makes total sense to me
        a typical control vs correctness question
        for me, control sounds better (the default could/should still be infinity to maintain the current behaviour)

mike

Comment

I'm desperate to have falloff control for Vray light's too. I understand that vray light may falloff correctly but sometimes I just have to fake things and this would make my life soooo much easier

Comment

Working...
          X