LightCache Region Render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LightCache Region Render

I am assuming that when you render a region for testing, LC is calculated for the entire scene. Is there any way to get this to just calc for that particular segment in order to save additional time or does it have to be done for the entire screen?
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

It seems to me it casts only the fraction of rays corresponding to the fraction of the crop.
    Or am i wrong?

Lele

Comment

For region rendering, the light cache is calculated only within that region and with respectively smaller number of subdivs than specified.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

So, if I only render a region, Vray automatically does the ' hidden math' and reduces those subdivisions? Fromwhat I understand, I don't need to lower the LC subdivs manually.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

It seems to me the increase in speed is linearly proportional to the ratio between full size frame / region.
          ie: an area that's a 10th of the full size frame takes a tenth (assuming the frame is of the same complexity throughout) to calculate...

Lele

Comment

cool, it does actually work.. i swear it never used to work that way.. and would calc the whole LC no matter what you were rendering.

ahh well 640x480.. took 1m20s for LC and a rather small region render took 19s

Seems quite good

Comment

This is something ive always used to achieve quick test and fix renders... also use Selected Region.
              Natty
              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

yeah same here.. its a real time saver.

It always surpises me the amount of people that dont use it. I never just keep rendering full images if im testing of fixing something.

Comment

here too.
                  =:-/
                  Laurent

Comment

Working...
                  X