Vray Proxies to be included in Photometric Path Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Proxies to be included in Photometric Path Editor

Not sure if this is even possible, but can we include the Vray files, including Proxie files so that they show up in the Bitmap/Photometric Path editor?

There are a few things included in Vray, such as VrayHDR files, which don't show up in this editor. It's a pain having to find out that your overnight renders are missing elements because they aren't pathed properly - When i say properly, i mean UNC, and they haven't shown up in this editor.

If this isn't possible because it's a max thing, could Chaos Group include a small Vray Files Path Editor which would include Proxie files, HDR maps, etc?

On a separate point - and i know this has been mentioned before - an export for LUT files so you know the settings you are viewing your image with in max can be used directly in compositors.....

If V-Ray cannot find a proxy file, it will automatically look for it in the paths listed in the Photometric Path editor. The same goes for HDRI maps. Newer builds also let 3dsmax know about these files so that they can be collected with its resource collector etc.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

as a workaround, i prepared a silly tool that does a string search amongst all vrayproxies present in the current selection and allows to replace it.

So for instance if one needs to change from a unc path to a local path can do search for "//machinename/drive/path1/vraymeshes" and replace it with "D:\thejobname\vraymeshes" at the press of a button.

it's here:
      http://rapidshare.de/files/21217597/...tcher.mse.html

enjoy

Lele

Comment

great stuff, thank you both.

Comment

Newer builds also let 3dsmax know about these files so that they can be collected with its resource collector etc.
          So i'm now using RC2, but the proxies themselves don't show up in the resource collector.

Is it possible to have these included so i can make sure all links are UNC at the press of a button?

Comment

Originally posted by sv
            Newer builds also let 3dsmax know about these files so that they can be collected with its resource collector etc.
            So i'm now using RC2, but the proxies themselves don't show up in the resource collector.

Is it possible to have these included so i can make sure all links are UNC at the press of a button?
            Are we actuially talking about the asset tracking window?
            This is driving me nuts at the moment. Same goes for vrayHDR and point cache2 files.
            Signing out,
            Christian

Comment

this is what i'm talking about - the Photometric Path Editor, found under utilities, possibly under 'more':

It's absolutely the best way for mass renaming your scene objects. Can we get vray proxies to show up in here?

Asset browser would be good aswell, agreed.

Comment

I found the proxies do show up in the Asset Tracker, but the path cannot be adjusted.

StudioDIM - The link you have is broken, but I was wondering if your tool could take all the proxies (no matter where the location) and relocate them to one specific spot, similar to what you can do in the asset tracker for maps.
                ...learning more every day...

Comment

assest tracker - perhaps, i'll look into it. These posts were all about the resource collector / photometric / bitmap path editor?

Comment

Working...
                  X