Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render elements wishes

Hi!

It would be great to have a world normal pass additionally to the normal camera pass....
    And it would be great to be able to rename the render elements by default or even more to be able to access it by script to set the individual element name...

best regards,
    Michael
    This signature is only a temporary solution

Re: Render elements wishes

Originally posted by Sushidelic
    ...or even more to be able to access it by script to set the individual element name...
    You can already do that, if you check the MaxScript docs.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yeah completely missed the
      maxOps.GetCurRenderElementMgr(), only dropped onto the predefined scanline render elements (diffuseRenderElement.elementName f.ex.) and thought it is a render specific thing - but hey, really cool, that's a huge improvement for our workflow!
      Ok, last wish for today, but would it be possible to add an info render element just like the vray framestamp, with access to maxscript variables to add things like timecode, cameraFOV and any other parameter of interest for postproduction. Right now we output it to a seperate .txt file for each frame, but to have it as a "visible" extra layer would be great for our compositors.
      btw, i tried to get the script function to work for the framestamp, but without success... i tried
      %qmc_earlyTermination_threshold,
      %.qmc_earlyTermination_threshold
      %renderers.current.qmc_earlyTermination_threshold
      How is the correct syntax?

thanks a lot!
      Michael
      This signature is only a temporary solution

Comment

ooh an info element would be sweet, great idea.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Working...
        X