aditional add server to DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aditional add server to DR

dond't know if it's possible or not, but would be very nice if you can additional add server to an DR rendering.
    at the moment i'am rendering 2 projects with DR, which started parallel. one of them are allready finished, the second needs still alot of time, so that i can add the finished computers to the job who is still rendering.

Best regards
    Jonas
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

Yes, this has been a long-standing request; hopefully it is coming soon.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

This is my biggest wish to have more control over DR, although it works great at the mo my gripe is DR doesnt release the machines that have finished there buckets.
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

yeah that is a major issues we have with DR too, we are currently writing a "kill" script for max
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

when you remove a computer from an rendering image, will he finish the bucket before leaving?
          Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
          www.shack.de

Comment

Originally posted by jonnybefree
            when you remove a computer from an rendering image, will he finish the bucket before leaving?
            No, but V-Ray will try to re-assign the bucket to another machine.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

just been having a think about this and the possibilities would be great - especially if DR worked through backburner, and i think Vlado said he had figured out how to do this....or approach doing this....or something...

You could submit say 5 renders to backburner to render over night, using DR but using only 1 or 2 machines per image. In the morning, if they arne't all finished, you could assign all the machines that have finished to join in and complete the unfinished rendering.

A lot of the time, even though the scene is the same, different views take longer to render and your having to wait for one machine to finish it's network rendering before emailing clients with there images....

Comment

Working...
              X