Exposure ratio lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exposure ratio lock

What about this you find the settings you want in the physical camera. It looks good but then you want to play with the fstop to focus the image at different areas. You would have to adjust the shutter to correspond. Would there be a way to lock the amount of light that is hitting the "film" so the ratio stays the same even though the numbers are changing?

the exposimeter script i prepared can run in shutter speed priority or ISO priority.
    f-stops aren't touched on purpose.

It has issues with the glossies, atm, but works nicely enough on perfectly diffuse scenes.
    It will not, however, preserve your camera settings, but rather try and find its own ideal values.
    So run the script, expose, tweak f-stops ad-libitum, re-expose.

I suppose it could be changed to "rematch" a prerendered buffer, but bear in mind you'd have to render twice for it to match the original exposure(first with the right exposure to gather pixel data, then after F-stops have been changed , to change either ISOs or Shutter speed to rematch lighting balance).

You can find the script in the take5-ot section

Lele

Comment

I second Sawyer's request!

I often find myself using this calculator http://www.giangrandi.ch/optics/lenses/expcalc.html to work out what I need to change my aperture or shutter speed to when I want to play around with the depth of field but maintain the same EV (exposure value)

Lele's script is very useful for determining an exposure value in the first place, but once you have that it would be handy to be able to tweak the f-stop while maintaining the same EV.
      www.peterguthrie.net
      www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
      www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

I third it - any chance this could be implemented? Anytime you are playing with DOF or motion blur it would be very handy.

b
        Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
        e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
        X