Render Elemant - mtlselect wish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Elemant - mtlselect wish

This might be a tough ask, but with the vraymtlselect render element woould it be possible to generate an alpha from the selected material?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Yeah I'd rather have a matte generated rather than the colour pass for said objects - I'd also like some way to group objects into a matte pass - kind of like wirecolour except in a white matte.

Maybe something like using object or mtl ids for video post except generating a matte pass?

Comment

These can easily be done with RGB mattes. They render fast and are very useful.

Comment

this is exactly what the matte render element does in the scanline renderer. Black and white mattes based on object ID, material ID or object selection. I've put this in the wish already.

V Miller

Comment

this is also along the lines of thinking in this thread:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ghlight=object

Comment

Originally posted by vance3d
            this is exactly what the matte render element does in the scanline renderer. Black and white mattes based on object ID, material ID or object selection. I've put this in the wish already.

V Miller
            Yeah but those don't help you with motion blur, since the ID does not have any gradient to it.

Comment

Working...
            X