Vray Toon upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Toon upgrade

I love vray toon, I think we all do. There are a couple toon generators out there that are making some of us gealous though. Final Toon from Cebas as well as Sketch & Toon from C4D (I think) have 1 great feature that I would love to see in future releases of Vray. Where corners meet, you are able to adjust the extention lines of the "tooned" lines. See the attached image which was done by Gary Allison. There is a discussion about the topic on CGArchitect. Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.cgarchitect.com/vb/22355-...e-drawing.html . It is a subtle effect that is really desired, but mainly it comes into effect at corners, and where there is a radius. Maybe at each segment. The thing I loke better about Vray Toon, is that you can have a "world" value as the line thickness, so when the lines are further away from the camera, the lines are thinner. But I really want those extension lines. Take a peak and let me know what you think. Maybe if there is a good response, the chaos guys will look into it, I mean we can't have Cebas doing something we can't.

Yes please.............!

Comment

Yes, Please! If I could only use some of the Sketchup extended lines I would be very happy.

Comment

Count me in!
        .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

I was wishing I had this just a couple weeks ago, would have came in very handy
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

i remember there was something on this ages ago
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can get something like that with some trace and a 2B pencil

Autocad is pushing this now too I believe with some colouring options etc. I think it's called Impression?

Would be really nice to have in Vray though....
              -Peter

Comment

I disagree about developing toon further right now. You have to factor in all the things in current stage. That is, development of vray core, development of various platforms, vray for maya, xsi etc... I think toon is something that can be approached, but at a much later stage. Reason for this is, not only the toon is not widely used, but also, from financial standpoint, it makes sence to have vray avalable for different appliacations first and concentrate all powers towards that, other then develop something, few people use. Just my opinion...
                Dmitry Vinnik
                Silhouette Images Inc.
                ShowReel:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

I would love to see in future releases of Vray
                  It doesn't seem to me that he is expecting the chaosgroup team to drop any of their priorities in favor of this.
                  Ben Steinert
                  pb2ae.com

Comment

I guess too it boils down to hall simple it would be to implement. Knowing 3d tho (and knowing little of coding), nothing is ever that simple...
                    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

FYI Interested folks should check out this toon renderer...

Pencil+
                      http://www.psoft.co.jp/en/product/pencil/

Comment

FYI Interested folks should check out this toon renderer...

Pencil+
                        Seen it, like it, but as usual with cartoon renderers, the hatching in motion doesn't look good. Looks great in stills though.

Comment

Working...
                        X