Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical camera override

Hello guys,

i was wondering if you could implement the following, i'm not sure if this already exists....

When you have setup you vrayphysical cam and your vray sun all rendes fine.
    put when i switch to perspective view and would like to render that i have to create a camera and such.
    maybe you could adjust the Camera area of the render panel with the following options:

"override view" > checkbox
    "Choose physical camera" > button

when you check the override view vray will get the setting from the selected camera and render that.
    My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

yeah i would like that too.

it would be quite easy to script. maybe i'll give it a shot.
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

What i do in this case is instance the main camera and adjust the view angle with that camera. But an overrride button would be more easy.
      www.gaell.com

Comment

I agree that it would be nice to be able to render out a normal perspective view with ought having to create a vray phys cam. Maybe having a VRay exposure control option in the max environment panel. An override button would be great.

Comment

cant u use lele s script pack?
          there s a vray camera converter wich converts prespective mode into a vrayphysicalcamera...
          Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
          nuno@ene-digital.com
          00351 917593145

Comment

Originally posted by ene.xis
            cant u use lele s script pack?
            there s a vray camera converter wich converts prespective mode into a vrayphysicalcamera...
            an option, but well a simple click to override is still quicker tehn converting the view to cam, setting all options again then when finish delete the cam hehehe

Comment

i see...
              well u can also use lele s exposure tool to set up ur camera created and u would be set in 2 steps...?

though i see what u mean...
              Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
              nuno@ene-digital.com
              00351 917593145

Comment

If you have a Vray sun+sky and don't use a physical camera, you can still get useable results by turning the multiplier of the vray sun down, or by adjusting the bright/dark color mappings in the vray rendering settings.

Putting somekind of override checkbox would just annoy people and tend to force them into one particular method of rendering.

BTW, there is a way to disable viewports... if you mark a viewport as disabled, Max won't render from it.

Comment

I'd do it in two steps, even without the exposimeter.
                  Convert the perspective view (1 click) and copy the other physcam parameters across (copy/paste. either from a shortcut, or from the presets deck).

I agree on the checkbox just adding to the complexity of an already complex interface.
                  I'd rather it stayed as simple as possible.
                  Lele
                  Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                  ----------------------
                  emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                  The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Well in interior views I rarely go around rendering different shots. I will pick 2 or 3 and go with those.

For exteriors it's a different story. For final renderings I will have 2 or 3 cameras, but for design and construction purposes I will usually do over 40 views, just going around in perspective view and rendering whatever I want to see (quick 3 min renderings). For this I just turn down the sun multiplier to about .03 and render away.

Comment

I would vote for the override, often I'll be zoomed into a perspective or user view tweaking a material on a smaller object, go to do a quick test render and of course it is blown out. It would also be handy to be able to expose a standard cam occasionally. Perhaps there could be an option in color mapping to get from camera?

All in all I really do not think one more checkbox in the globals rollout is going to break the camels back...
                      Eric Boer
                      Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                        I would vote for the override, often I'll be zoomed into a perspective or user view tweaking a material on a smaller object, go to do a quick test render and of course it is blown out. It would also be handy to be able to expose a standard cam occasionally. Perhaps there could be an option in color mapping to get from camera?
                        I do the same thing all the time. An override would be sweet!

Comment

I don't understand how the override should work.
                          Given the camera exposure may (and does) vary a lot, how would the override work?
                          Diminishing the sun/sky intensity?
                          Colormapping?
                          How would it know we're looking at an interior, or an exterior?
                          Lele
                          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                          ----------------------
                          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I just use a copy of one of the main cameras which i can put where ever i want to do quick renders. Works for me.

Exposing standard cams or views would be somewhat handy I guess. Cant say its something thats ever got to me tho.

Comment

hmm well the idea wat to get a quick render out of the perspecive view without creating a new camera, and exposing it (for use as test renders) for example to see if a different view would work better.

you could copy the orginal camera and move that around, but well i like navigating in the viewport better
                              but like already said maybe this can be done with scripting..

Comment

Working...
                              X