Proxy improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy improvements

I've searched trough the forums, and proxy related threads, but couldn't find anything similar so I post it here.

First, it would be grate to be able to manually select a custom preview mesh. For example, our office mostly uses proxies for vegetation, and the automatic preview mesh sometimes misses the tree trunk, which can be pretty bad when it comes to proper tree placement. Also, to stay with the tree example, it would be best only to have the trunk and branches displayed only. As far as I know, the proxy file stores the preview mesh separated, and it's not generated on the fly, so it would be great to have an option to manually set the preview mesh during creation. If this is total BS. then ignore.

Second, a shaded display for the preview mesh would also be useful too. Directx on modern consumer vga's can handle massive amounts of shaded polys, but the wireframe display in max fails when it comes to that. For example, a scene I'm currently working on has a few thousand proxy plants inside, when visible, and displayed as previews (which is neccesary to avoid collision with leaves/branches during camera motion setup) the VP refresh rate turns into a rather boring comic book, but if I convert all the proxies into meshes to have a shaded display, the VP becomes quite smooth and fast.

Best regards,

A.
    credit for avatar goes here

I second that...

Best regards.
    My Flickr

Comment

I 3rd that.

Comment

Working...
      X