Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont affect colors

hello,
    quick question, could "dont affect colors" option in color mapping rolout be isolated to certain objects only...something like include exclude?

i am experiencing massive saturation change when this option is on...some texture completely loose its detail...maybe i am doing something wrong but i dont think so....i find this option usefull sometimes when figting with noise artefacts on dark materials but since thie option is global it applies to everything changing saturation dramatically...

any suggestions or possible solutions?
    teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Can you post an image how this looks? The option is not supposed to change the colors, just the noise levels.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

sure i will...if u want i could also upload the file archived somewhere...will post the results in a bit...
      teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

here it is...it seems to me that the "dont affect colors" ignores the gamma setting in the color mapping rolout when i look at it now....

affect unchecked

affect checked

maybe this topic should be moved to problems section ....sorry
        teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Assuming you have the vray gamma set to 2.2... when you check "Don't affect colors" you'll need to check the "sRGB" button in the vray FB. It looks like your entire image is not gamma corrected any longer (this is normal when you check "Don't affect colors") and the srgb button will allow you to see it correctly.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

And it will lead to linear output when rendering to vrimg and exr as a side note.

Regards,
            Thorsten

Comment

yeah ....its just has not been mentioned anywhere that "dont affect colors" overrides gamma setting in color mapping by value 1.0....

so if i am to do an animation with "dont affect colors checked", i have no other option than do the gamma correction as a post process ...am i right?
              teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Well what did you expect "Dont affect" means. Basically what it says is i change the gamma for the sampler but i do not affect final colours. That's the whole purpose of that switch. Having it on or of does NOT cause different sampling. It just specifies if the gamma is applied to the final pixels or not.

Regards,
                Thorsten

Comment

i get u...thanks for explanation
                  teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                  X