From cache.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From cache.

Yeah, i've always wanted to be able to load and render from the irradiance map that is in the cache. Sure, you can save it and then load 'from file'. But you know... that's like... many mouse clicks... and i like shortcuts

Well, if you check "do not delete" on renders end and then use "incremental add to current map" that is what you will get.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender View Post
      Well, if you check "do not delete" on renders end and then use "incremental add to current map" that is what you will get.
      Not really, cause incremental add will actually add more to the existing map. It wont take nearly as long time as the first map though, but still much slower than to render from cache

Comment

Originally posted by folkevall View Post
        But you know... that's like... many mouse clicks... and i like shortcuts
        Learn to script then
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

It's only going to be much slower if the scene has changed or camera has moved. In that case the cached map is not correct anyways. For slight material tweaks the incremental add is quite quick in my experience.

What scenarios do you see using the cached map?
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
            Learn to script then
            LOL So true...

But I second! You can never ever have eneugh checkboxes on the UI. Never. Period.

Best regards,

A.
            credit for avatar goes here

Comment

you say that now. but i can only imagine how daunting it is for new users already. Many moons ago, when I checked out fRender, I hated it because it was just had too many check boxes and crap, was too convoluted, while vray at the time was pretty simple.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Yeah, I know. I was trying to be ironic there.

The current trend is the less buttons the better the renderer, but I think it's just all about how you organize things on the UI. A modern rendering engine must have many options. Put them on a well designed UI, and everyone will be happy.

best regards,

A.
                credit for avatar goes here

Comment

Working...
                X