Virtual Fenenstrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Fenenstrations

I have been thinking about this for a while and I am wondering if something like this would be possible for a vray feature. The basic idea is what if you could make an object render past another object. Basically the feature would make it so you could render into a room without making an opening ie you could place a window in a wall and tell the glass to render past the wall into the room - 1 surface/material taking priority with its opacity over another.

Sometimes I get buildings that are very schematic and the window sizes locations and type change and not having to deal with cutting would be pretty nice.

Maybe some type of decal proxy? I have a situation right now where I am going to have to place a circle decal object against a ceiling area to represent a can light fixture...my options right now are somewhat limited to get this to represent well without cutting into my ceiling mesh.

I second the vote for a "zero space" proxy
    Ben Steinert
    pb2ae.com

Comment

Camera Clipping???

I'm kinda confused what you are asking for - it sounds like camera clipping.

Perhaps you can make an image in photoshop trying to show us what you are talking about.
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Object based camera clipping. Where a solid volume defines your cut-away, either by object property or material. So instead of being stuck to front to back, you can have it any shape and anywhere in your scene.

Another vote, if it's possible, i'd love it as a feature.

Comment

I don't know if this is possible to implement in the VRayPhysicalCamera, but I've always wished that the clipping plane for a camera was a gizmo that could be rotated and placed however you needed it to slice in a scene. So many instances I need to look into a scene at an angle, but a slice plane parallel to the viewing direction cuts too deep!

It cuts me deep...

Shaun
          ShaunDon

Comment

Working...
          X