VFB great whish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB great whish.

I know that this is allready whishlisted but I did't hear any answer.

Is there a way to implement into VFB a way to change the ISO ,burning value and adding some glow, lens difraction, bloom, as in FRY render for example? Dont forget color temperature, saturation, contrast , brightnes, it will spare a lot of post, and will be verry usefull for everybody.

For example I render SelfiIlumination element and add some glow in post. Can this be used for adding glow to the lightning straigh in VFB???

Actualy this wish is to have some mutch more advanced VFB.

I know that this can be done in PS, but i want this to be done in Vray.

So is this possible. And if is when can we see it?
    Best regards,
    Andrian

Originally posted by Fekta.studio View Post
    I know that this can be done in PS, but i want this to be done in Vray.
    Photoshop, a professional image editting applicaion has got no curves adjustment for float images. Vray has. There's quite some sarcasm in this.

Best regards,
    A.
    credit for avatar goes here

Comment

Originally posted by Aldaryn View Post
      Photoshop, a professional image editting applicaion has got no curves adjustment for float images. Vray has. There's quite some sarcasm in this.

Best regards,
      A.

yeah ur right..

Still, I use Fry render a lot for externals, and once if u get use to this tolls, for shure u will miss them in other render engines..

look into my avatar , this is glow and bloom from fry.. quite convincing for me.. done for 5 sec. Thats what I talk about..
      sometimes I have no time to "adjust" the look of my renderings.
      Last edited by Fekta.studio; 05-03-2008, 05:21 AM.
      Best regards,
      Andrian

Comment

Well this is the kind of thing that has been talked about for a long time. I recall posting about it 3 years ago.
        The big issue is that, vray for the most part is a render thats oriented to work with post production, and compositing. Which means that all those effects can be achieved there. And with a greater control. Keep in mind that while it takes fryrender 5 seconds to generate that glow, it takes 10 hours to resolve the image. With vray its not the case.
        I think the bottom line is, it would be nice to have the glare/bloom there, but at this point vray takes priorities to other things like porting vray to most common software packedges, maya, xsi, revit etc...
        While fryrender has already done that, and now can focus on polishing its core. I think its a strategically more sound decision.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

I recall Morbid's post from back then.

This would be an awesome option to have. You also have to remember, not everyone that does this work is a compositor or even a Photoshop expert...
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
            I recall Morbid's post from back then.

This would be an awesome option to have. You also have to remember, not everyone that does this work is a compositor or even a Photoshop expert...
            I agree. And, a lot of such effects cant even be achieved in photoshop. Also what is nice, is that fryrenders/maxwells lens glare systems are based on the physical properties, and they also work with occluded objects, and can provide valuable reference for a compositor. Often I find that the compositor ether does not know or understand how the glare/bloom should look, and as a lighting director I do, so I could provide this info to them from a render as a reference.

Anyway, should such opportunity arise I would vote to have that built in.
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

A full hdr image data based lens glare and diffraction simulation solution based on actual physics, supplied as a plugin for most common packages like post production applications, photoshop, plug in for the vray frame buffer, etc...

Am I the only one who sees a market gap here?

Best regards,
              A.
              credit for avatar goes here

Comment

Vlado, is it possible to build plugins/additions for the vrayframe buffer? i have create some maxscript as post process to adjust brightness/contrast, etc but this is Very Slowwww..
                So i should be able to convery this into c++. but i wonder if there is a methode to get this working in the vrayframebuffer.. ?
                My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

Originally posted by pixelstudio View Post
                  Vlado, is it possible to build plugins/additions for the vrayframe buffer? i have create some maxscript as post process to adjust brightness/contrast, etc but this is Very Slowwww..
                  So i should be able to convery this into c++. but i wonder if there is a methode to get this working in the vrayframebuffer.. ?

hmm i wish to try this plugin of your, sound very intersting,
                  and Vlado is there a possibility to have like in Mental Ray , Glare addon for vray camera, is quite simple, well maby..
                  Attached Files
                  Best regards,
                  Andrian

Comment

Working...
                  X