Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manipilating proxies

Hello Dear God,

It would be really great to manipulate proxies. Lets say there is a proxy which consists a table and a chair, so it would be great to move the chair or table individually because sometimes you don't have a backup of the physical model to recreate the proxy.

Cheers!
    Your's truly
    Vik.

i d thought from the begining that those two elements were to be two separete proxys...then u can do what u want.
    Also not keeping a copy of the mesh usually aint the best thing to do either. Nonetheless i remember* seing some script to translate the vrmesh into mesh again...
    *remember as i don t know where anymore, sorry!
    Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
    nuno@ene-digital.com
    00351 917593145

Comment

Really have to agree with ene.xis. Separate objects should be separate proxies. For example, we usually export a car separated into basic elements, body, doors, wheels. Space and performance friendly, since similar objects (eg. wheels) are only represented once in the dataset, and you can later on transfom the parts separately.

Best regards,
      A.
      credit for avatar goes here

Comment

I agree but!

Hello Ene.xis and ALDARYN,

I totally agree with you guys on that but sometimes working in a team environment you get files from other people or sometimes if a project is resurected and some of the files are missing from the backups then it could be a bit messy. for e.g. I was working on a shopping mall project which was done earlier and one of the restaurants had a group of 4 chairs with tables placed in it.
        The project was restsarted and the client requested for some people to be sitting on the chairs. Now the proxy which had chairs and tables together had the chairs so close to the table that I coild no fit people in there. Since the proxies were created by some one else so I could not get hold of the models so I had to redo a lot of stuff.

But like Ene.Xis said is anyone knows if that script then it would be pretty awesome for all of us.

Thanks guys
        Regards
        Vik.

Comment

Working...
        X