Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispersion?

Caustics with support for dispersion would be nice

It would be nice, but not really useful in VFX or broadcast production.
    Rendering all sort of layers for compositing is a lot more useful for a lot more people.

Comment

Yes, I suppose that's true. But I haven't got that far yet that I'm doing VFX, broadcast productions or any sort of commercial stuff. So far I'm just using VRay and 3d in general because I find it very, very interesting and fun and would like to possibly work with it in the future. So I just posted a suggestion that I find neat and personally would like, not because it would be very useful in some sort of commercial production, I don't have any experience about that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Vray_GI_JOE
        It would be nice, but not really useful in VFX or broadcast production.
        Rendering all sort of layers for compositing is a lot more useful for a lot more people.
        this is the wishlist forum and i don´t think that it matters what is more important for one group or another?

if you have a wish make your own thread.

Comment

Well yes, by all means post any wish you want to, that's what the forum is here for. At the same time, if other people don't think a wish is warranted, they should be allowed to say so. That way everyone can see what things are universally agreed on, and what things are debatably important. Discussion is a good thing.

For me, I agree with GI_JOE, dispersion can be cheated fairly easily with a compositing package by splitting the R,G and B channels of your caustics up and offsetting or blurring them differently. Caustics get used fairly rarely by us.

M

Comment

Dispersion was faked very well by somebody with two sellac materials and caustics in vray. UnAion, if you want the scene, I can send it to your email

Comment

Marina: yes, I'm very interested.

If you could send the scene to unaion@online.no , I would be greatfull.

Comment

Here ya go http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/elvis/dispersion.html
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

Thanks, RErender, I had lost this url. Only have the scene in my HD

Comment

Thanks!! Just what I wanted, now my wishlist is complete

Comment

this is the best fake i have ever seen.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Thanks guys. Nice to know my dispersion technique is proving useful

sven

Comment

Working...
                        X