Settings Wizzards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings Wizzards

For those of us that are not inclined or blessed with the time required to learn all the ins and outs of the various program settings, it would be nice to have a wizzard that configures the rendering settings automatically, based on the required output.

For example:
    I'd like a low quality preview, it's an interior scene with interior lights and sunlight coming in through the windows, and all lights are set with a reference around a multiplier of 1. Gimme' this quick!

I'd like an exterior print quality rendering with one light (sunlight), and I need it YESTERDAY!!!

I'd like an exterior print quality rendering with one light (sunlight), and I don't care how long it takes.
    Work:
    Dell Precision T7910, Dual Xeon E5-2640 v4 @ 2.40GHz | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA Quadro P2000 5gb | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB
    V-Ray Benchmark: CPU 00:52 | GPU 00:32

Home:
    AMD Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core | 32GB RAM | (2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB
    V-Ray Benchmark: CPU 00:47 | GPU 00:34
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kXKcxG

Don't the irradiance map presets go a long way here?
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

They were a savior for me. I can almost always use the presets for anything I'm working on.

--Jon

Comment

same here, the presets do all i need them to do.

the reason why there aren't wide level presets like your asking is that not all scenes are gonna work perfectly w/ presets that are very general like that.
        5 years and counting.

Comment

Sounds like you're asking for the magic button here. That would be nice indeed, but I'm afraid it would be really difficult to achieve such presets since VRay's computation is not scale based, so I'm not sure the renderer would be able to know how high to set the light multipliers and attenuation ... Just a guess.

It would be nice to have a physically accurate VRay sunlight and skylight system though. At this moment, the environnement light is equally distributed from all directions, while in reality the sky dome doesn't give the same amount of light and/or colour depending on the period and orientation.

I know this can be achieved with an HDRI, but the rendertimes are much longer with that method, plus you would need a HDRI file for each period, without being able to animate it.

Maybe I should have made this a new post? Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

yeah. its more of 5 or 6 buttons fixes all. hehe. better than fR stage-0 which was 300 buttons fixes some things.

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
            X