vray sun shadow control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray sun shadow control

can i ask for control of shadows strenght like direct light has ? or control of own object s shadows ( from GI ) ??

What do you mean by the object's own shadow?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

not casted shadow but shadow on object or shadowed site of object ....

Comment

Ok, but how is this related to GI? The sun is a direct light, so even if you could control its shadow, this will not affect GI.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

ok ok, that gi is misleading from me sorry, my ask is for vray shadow (density , color ) control , this will be enough
          is it possible to do that ? ( some render elements are there but not really skilled in PS )

ps : maybe some fog feature (volume light ) maybe ?
          Last edited by Janosik; 09-01-2010, 03:44 AM.

Comment

You can use the VRayEnvironmentFog to get volumetric effects.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

and that density and color setting for vray sun shadows ?? is it possible ?

Comment

Shadows do not 'come' from the vray sun. Shadows are the absence of light. To control how dark they are you need to adjust the intensity of your environment light, whether that is a simple colour override, an HDRI or the Vray Sky. Is that what you're looking for, a way to control the intensity of the Vray Sky independantly of the Vray Sun? If so you can do this by copying your Vray Sky to the material editor and selecting 'Manual sun node'.
                Check out my models on 3dOcean

Comment

heh thats ok but when you look at clasical direct light it has this feature , so i asked for vray sun too thats all ....

Comment

Yes but I think that is a kind of fake GI trick. The Vray sun/sky system is supposed to be more physically-based so it's unlikely this feature will be added in my opinion.
                    Check out my models on 3dOcean

Comment

ok but for me will be obama when it will be there , if not , i will choose old good direct light .....

Comment

You can also use the VRayAmbientLight to add some fake GI.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

cool but that ambient light i not understand yet , some refresh in help will be usefull and some new images or videos too .....

Comment

Working...
                          X