Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "save as" in VFB similar

hello vlado

I wish the input field "split render channels" to be the same as "Vray raw image file". now it's very annoying you can't type text into "split render channels" like in "Vray raw image file"...
    why are the inputs different?

also annoying is the fact that "split render channels" doesn't save the last name of the saved image like the "Vray raw image file" AND the save as dialog from max do.

ps. please sorry about the luxurious problems...

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

You cannot type a file name directly for the same reason that you cannot do that for the regular render output in the Render Setup dialog. The reason is that the parameter is not a simple string - it includes information about the format that the image is written to (for example, if it is PNG - the number of bits per channel and if the alpha is saved as well).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      You cannot type a file name directly for the same reason that you cannot do that for the regular render output in the Render Setup dialog. The reason is that the parameter is not a simple string - it includes information about the format that the image is written to (for example, if it is PNG - the number of bits per channel and if the alpha is saved as well).

Best regards,
      Vlado
      aaaaaaaaaaaaah... ok, it's sounds plausible.

thanks

best regards
      themaxxer
      Pixelschmiede GmbH
      www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

hm, but it seems that the "save as" dialog doesn't act like the "save as" dialog from max.
        I always have to point the folder and re-type the filebname when I click on the "browse" button.
        this doesn't happen in the "save as" from max. it always "knows" the right folder and the filename.

can this to be implemented in future release?

best regards
        themaxxer
        Pixelschmiede GmbH
        www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Currently it opens in the last folder used to save/browse for images; where should it go instead?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            Currently it opens in the last folder used to save/browse for images; where should it go instead?

Best regards,
            Vlado
            yes, but the max "save as" dialog opens always the path where the last images was saved.

for example: M:\test\image.jpg
            also opens this in the "save as"dialog.
            and VFB opens the last path used to save an image. it could be:
            T:\rend\image.jpg. but when I open a scene and the path is typed in for saving an image I would like to go directly to this path when clicking the "browse" button.

best regards
            themaxxer
            Pixelschmiede GmbH
            www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	VFB_save_as.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	842797Click image for larger version

Name:	MFB_save_as.jpg
Views:	1