Some more exotic wishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more exotic wishes

Encouraged by Dave´s wishlist I´d like to add some things that cover some more exotic features I´d love to see implemented:

Shag: hair implementation on a per bucket basis would be nice ->hair generated on demand (like displacement), geometrically so it can receive GI and be refracted/reflected.

Render Primitives (metablobs, splines). Or at least full compatibility with Afterburn3´s new raytracing features.

True view-dependent subpixel displacement. I tried out MRay 3.2´s displacement recently and I was surprised. Speed and quality has really raeched a new level. Its friggin` fast and ultra sharp at the same time. To reach such detail with vray´s displacement implementation you would have to crank up the subdivisions to a ridiculous ammount, slowing rendering down considerably and consuming so much ram that the built in cache becomes useless due to memory constraints (already happened to me on several architectural scenes with lots of gras). Also, currently the mesh needs to be evenly spaced since the displacement only subdivides what`s already there. This can become very tedious on larger models and imposes a modeling obstackle. Differences in mesh density lead to differences in the appearance of displaced gfeometry. Spacial resolution of the model should be completely irrelevant in my opinion.

A displacement direction option where the direction of displacement doesn´t depend on object normals but on the rgb values of a map. Simplest example: Gras that grows into all directions, not only straight. up.

I know that some of this stuff might have been brought up already in the past. But I lost track of all the wishes people post.

Cheers

Stefan
    Stefan Kubicek
    www.keyvis.at
Working...
X