Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for houdini

Hello.
    It would be nice to see Vray in houdini as standalone. Is there some plans about it?
    http://www.evgen3d.com

Why you can just compile your own, i mean most people that use houdini know how to..

Comment

Writing an exporter to the standalone is not difficult; I know of several people that have done it for their own needs, complete with a node-based material editor.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Writing an exporter to the standalone is not difficult; I know of several people that have done it for their own needs, complete with a node-based material editor.
        VrayStandalone is such an excellent product. I wrote my own node-based material editor in C# using WPF. It automatically generates itself from the nightlies.

VrayRT will be another challenge all together.

Comment

I have vray working with houdini pretty well, its a fantastic combination!

I've thought about making a node-based shader system, definitely doable. Right now I've adapted my prototype_material for mantra, which covers the functionality of the vraymaterial, sss2, blend, 2-sided, and layered materials, as well as EnvironmentFog.

As for compiling vray as a houdini plugin, I'd like to do this at some point.. but its not trivial, I think alot of the details involved in creating something like the standalone app are in the implementation, ie you can't just subclass VRayPluginRenderer and expect it to work. But if I could get a hold of that elusive standalone renderer example....

Comment

Originally posted by GatesB View Post
            VrayRT will be another challenge all together.
            VrayRT in Houdini is going to be unbelievable.
            Vlado, will there be any formal docs of RT's shading language?

Comment

Originally posted by rodeo-ny View Post
              Vlado, will there be any formal docs of RT's shading language?
              If you look at shaders included with the Vray SDK you can see that the VrayRT coding is freakin scary dude. I tried to read thru it and my head started to hurt. Yeah, I'll definately be waiting on some docs for that. Vlado said there would be a Beta for VrayRT for Maya. Hopefully we'll get a chance to look under the hood during that time.

-GB-

Comment

Is there some commercial port of vray for Houdini? or just private developing? I think that in next few years houdini will be a leader 3d package, but now, only render is a weak part of it.

Comment

Hey guys! Is anyone knows if a houdini vray plugin is available somewhere to test.
                  We re working with maya and houdini and I d like to test compatibility with houdini and vray. I need to bench stuff between Mantra and Vray.
                  Any thoughts?

Comment

We don't have anything that you can test immediately in Houdini at this time.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Looking forward to this. Houdini is such a jewel !

Comment

Hey Vlado, check this out:
                        http://audenmedia.com/michael/?p=78

Is it working already? Is it something I could test for HOudini vray stuff? Are u guys supporting that or it s a one off?

Comment

It is a custom development, so it would be best to contact those guys directly.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Would love to see this happen officially under ChaosGroup. Starting next year we are ditching all Autodesk products, relaying only on Modo and Houdini. I think Vray would be great for some of our work, mostly arch related (interiors).
                            - H -

Comment

Vlado, is there news about Vray for houdini? We are waiting and army of houdini users too

Comment

Working...
                              X