Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More HDRI options

Hi,

I'd love to see more (advanced) options in the VRay HDRI loader. Of course I'd love EXR support (if it's not already there), but also some of the most important Max bitmap functions, like tiling and blurring.

Cheers,

M7
    Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

I second that
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

What will openEXR support give you that HDRI doesn't in terms of the vrayHDRI loader? Do you use or write openEXR format files? Few applications do. It would not make any difference in terms of "data" for the hdri loader.

openEXR file WRITING is a different story.

Comment

I think his main request was for more control over the hdri whether it is a hdr or a exr, that being said imagine having Z depth to control the origination of the light sources so the light from the hdri moves over the surface of a moving object correctly.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Sounds great, RErender! CP, I've got the HDRIbase volume 1 and 2 (check http://www.sachform.de). There you can read the advantages of .exr as opposed to .hdr. It just would be nice if the VRay HDRI loader would support EXR, that's all. It's probably going to be a big standard in the CG world.

Cheers,

M7
          Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

Working...
          X