Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computing the iradiance map without the need to rendering

Hi all,

A feature which would allow to compute (...and save) the irradiance maps without rendering, will be a really useful and time saving function.
    www.vizstation.com

Just a thought but if you turn your AA Settings down to -4 -4 ..... it renderers very fast ....
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

As in a few seconds... even at a 4k image... It is the best way to do Irr. map collection...

Comment

you can even go lower than -4 if you want to.

Also, you don't have to set the max value to the same as the lowest. Unchecking "multipass" will make VRay use only the min value without upsampling.
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

i have found if you go lower than -4 strange things happen ...maybe its me
          Natty

Comment

I second robing,
            such feature could be very very useful,

like if u want to use the map for final rendering on another computer...
            or test some raytrace material settings quickly...

Comment

I forgot to say its most useful use:
              (Ouch my english)

If we render irr map without the glasses, then we are not forced
              to wait raytrace pass before using irr map file for final raytracing with the glasses!

Comment

might i ask why the heck your using raytraced materials in your scene?
                raytrace doesnt work with vray. in some cases it might seem to be working but when ever you get any problems....loose the raytrace material before posting in the bug forum

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

i think he means the vray raytrace, reflections ect ??
                  Natty

Comment

Da-elf, when I speak about raytrace, I speak about the Vray raytracing rendering pass,
                    nothing about max raytrace material (I forgot their existence since I use vray

Comment

actually i dont think he is. Basically when your using a raytrace map or material it will do its raytrace pass when the scanline hits that object. however when using raytrace in vray it will render that pass before the irradiance map pass begins. thus my assumption....

If we render irr map without the glasses, then we are not forced
                      to wait raytrace pass before using irr map file for final raytracing with the glasses!

---------------------------------------------------
                      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X