show samples in viewport like fR does

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• show samples in viewport like fR does

that is a nice feature to see the sample distribution in 3d in the viewport.

would like to see that in vray too.

and would it be possible and usefull to create a kind of dummy object you place in your scene (a sphere or box) and the faces that are covered by this dummy object are sampled by local settings.

so you could see with the 3d sample distribution in the 3d viewport where your solution has problems, place a dummy object to cover this areas and vray will raise the sample rate there.

only a quick thought.

I'm guessing you aren't referring to the show calc pass, and show samples switches in the GI rollout.

Here is a thread where Vlado supplied an Irradiance Map viewer, where you can rotate the IR map distribution.

IR Map Viewer Thread
    Greg Tsadilas
    VFX Supervisor/CG Supervisor

Comment

im referring to fR feature that the sample points are shown in the viewport in 3d space as green dots.

just like the viewer you linked, yes.

donĀ“t know this exist for vray, thanks.

would be nice to see this implemented in the way fR does, directly in the viewport

Comment

try to check the show sample in the GI tab rollout

Comment

read my posting.

i speak about a whole different thing.

Comment

He is talking about this option:

Which gives you this:

I agree this is a useful feature, and I suppose Vlado has most of the code for it ready because of the viewer. But let's let him finish the planned 1.1 first.
            Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Working...
            X