Vray Spherefade - add background immage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Spherefade - add background immage

Would be possible to bring an option in vray sphere fade?: add background image? Now, vray sphere fade support only background color not image.
    Thank you

+1 ! here !.. but maybe it's not possible..?
    Jérôme Prévost.
    SolidRocks, the V-Ray Wizard.
    http://solidrocks.subburb.com

Comment

Well the idea is to compose the image afterwards on the actual background... we could perhaps add an option to just use the scene environment instead of a solid color?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yes, with a bit of luck, it can greatly help to simplify render and composite, right ?
        Jérôme Prévost.
        SolidRocks, the V-Ray Wizard.
        http://solidrocks.subburb.com

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Well the idea is to compose the image afterwards on the actual background... we could perhaps add an option to just use the scene environment instead of a solid color?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Hi, I'm bringing this back up since I am trying to find a quick workflow straight from vfb to premiere and skip the whole nuke/AE compositing steps.
          I am trying to fade landscape into the background, and spherefade is the only option I can think of that could do it, any chance of seeing a fade to background instead of solid color at any point?

Or is there another way I am missing, to use materials or something to achieve the effect I usually do by comping zdepth as opacity in post?

Come to think of it, the vrayphysicalcam has a shader slot, can something be put there to get a gradient clipping plane or can the vrayclipper use a gradient?
          Last edited by kimgar; 05-05-2022, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X